*Warning: Gross! Don’t read this if you have a weak stomach!*
I’ve heard a lot of apartment horror stories. There are worse ones than this, but this is pretty crazy and it happened to me!
I was doing laundry in the communal laundry for my apartment this morning, and I’ve never had a problem with it before. However, today I was shaking out a shirt I was going to hang up and air dry, and something went thunk and fell onto the carpet. It looked like a big piece of dryer lint, but why did it sound so heavy? I looked more closely…
(This is the part where you stop reading if are easily grossed out!)
… It was an animal paw! EEEEEEEWWWW!
After freaking out, trying to figure out what to do, successive phone calls to my mother (to see if I could use her washing machine), my landlord (to find out WHY), and to work (to let them know I’d be late so I could re-wash and sanitize my clothes), and trying not to throw up, I found out that it was a mink paw… Apparently the neighbors work at a mink farm. No more communal laundry for me!